From "Alan D. Cabrera" <...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: Colossus dot files
Date Fri, 18 Aug 2006 15:13:33 GMT
Do you think that in might cause confusion when a config file accidentally wanders into the
classpath?

I personally prefer a fixed directory structure and, atm, cannot conceive of a compelling
use case that would require a non standard one.

Regards,
Alan

-----Original Message-----
From: "James Strachan" <james.strachan@logicblaze.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 09:11:17
To:xbean-dev@geronimo.apache.org
Subject: Re: Colossus dot files

> Not sure.  If you have to put such a file in the deploy dir, it may conflict
> with files to deploy, or may confuse the user.
>
> I also think that a single configuration file would be handy, where all
> directories would be configured.

Agreed. Also this single configuration file could be then on the
classpath rather than in the file system to keep things clean and so
that the 'server profile' could be hardwired if need be but overridden
when required in some child directory.

e.g. a tomcat style server could just be configured as a single
xbean.properties file on the classpath.

--

James
-------