geronimo-user mailing list archives

From jctobin1234 <jto...@po-box.esu.edu>
Subject Re: Newbie, compiling samples, don't quite understand....
Date Tue, 24 Nov 2015 19:50:22 GMT
I have more or less standard output [around 300k] or debug output [more than 1.5M]

I am sending the standard-output….

If you vim or vi the file search for “did” or “did not” or “find” all of which
are part of the “did not find” phrase, as opposed to “found” in the bundles work.

And thanks, I was worried that since there isn’t much activity on the Geronimo project,
I wasn’t gonna hear anything back…

Sincerely,
tob

From: "gary [via Apache Geronimo]" <ml-node+s328035n3989819h40@n3.nabble.com<mailto:ml-node+s328035n3989819h40@n3.nabble.com>>
Date: Tuesday, November 24, 2015 at 1:54 AM
To: John Tobin <jtobin@po-box.esu.edu<mailto:jtobin@po-box.esu.edu>>
Subject: Re: Newbie, compiling samples, don't quite understand....

Could you share the maven error log here?

I just put up geronimo, and ran the smoke test "Helloworld" and that works.
I see the console, this is pretty neat.

I am now making the samples, or perhaps better stated: I am mavening them.
Unfamiliar with maven, I apologize, reading and getting up to speed will
take time.
I did increase some parms to run the mvn clean install:
"export MAVEN_OPTS="-Xxm512m -XX:MaxPermSize=128m""

That gets me to some problems with plugins.
I get a number of messages in the output listing:
found geronimo-plugin.xml for bundle
org.geronimo.apache.framework.geronimo-gbean-deployer [1]
installing artifact: DependencyType [org.apache.servicemix.bundles.xmlbeans
[2]
did not find geronimo-plugin.xml for bundle
org.apache.servicemix.bundles.xmlbeans [2]

followed by multiple "installing artifacts:.....
did not find geronimo-plugin.xml for [whatever the artifact name was]
this is pervasive, and then the deployment crashes.

What am I missing, what don't I understand?
was I supposed to install some kind of plugin?
sorry, at least for me this documentation isn't crystal clear [not a
criticism, I do have an autistic side |;-p]

I do have the geronimo-tomcat version up.
I don't quite understand what that means in regards to the jetty
compiles...[are they the default for the deploy?]

this is a case of initial success followed by rampant failure.
normal under the circumstances, but still a bitter pill.
Help?

[hidden email]</user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=3989819&i=1>

-----
tob

Best Regards
Gary

http://apache-geronimo.328035.n3.nabble.com/Newbie-compiling-samples-don-t-quite-understand-tp3989792p3989819.html
NAML<http://apache-geronimo.328035.n3.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

samples3-debug.output (353K) <http://apache-geronimo.328035.n3.nabble.com/attachment/3989825/0/samples3-debug.output>

-----
tob