geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Error in starting daytrader application
Date Sat, 20 Dec 2014 14:42:53 GMT
I don't think corba actually works in geronimo 3, so I would advise figuring out how to turn
off or remove all the corba related cars.  I think the immediate problem is  a port conflict
with the yoko naming service, do you have 2 servers running on the same machine?

david jencks

On Dec 20, 2014, at 12:36 AM, Andy Koshii <andy.koshii@gmail.com> wrote:

> I managed to install daytrader 3.0 with mysql using the plan at location daytrader\javaee6\plans\target\plans-3.0.0
>
> However application is not starting up
> I am getting the following error. Can you please help
>
> The application was not successfully started.
> start of org.apache.geronimo.daytrader/daytrader/3.0.0/car failed
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.LifecycleException: start of org.apache.geronimo.daytrader/daytrader/3.0.0/car
failed
> at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:726)
> at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:689)
> at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.local.StartCommand.run(StartCommand.java:67)
> Caused by: org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.InvalidConfigException: Unknown start exception
> at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.startConfigurationGBeans(ConfigurationUtil.java:527)
> at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.KernelConfigurationManager.start(KernelConfigurationManager.java:225)
> at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:710)
> ... 3 more
> Caused by: org.apache.geronimo.gbean.InvalidConfigurationException: Configuration org.apache.geronimo.configs/j2ee-corba-yoko/3.0.1/car
failed to start due to the following reasons:
> The service ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.configs/j2ee-corba-yoko/3.0.1/car,j2eeType=CORBANameService,name=NameServer
did not start because Error starting transient name service on port 1050
> org.apache.geronimo.corba.security.config.ConfigException: Error starting transient name
service on port 1050
> at org.apache.geronimo.yoko.ORBConfigAdapter.createNameService(ORBConfigAdapter.java:194)
> at org.apache.geronimo.corba.NameService.doStart(NameService.java:172)
> at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.createInstance(GBeanInstance.java:1000)
> at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.attemptFullStart(GBeanInstanceState.java:271)
> at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.start(GBeanInstanceState.java:105)
> at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.startRecursive(GBeanInstanceState.java:127)
> at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.startRecursive(GBeanInstance.java:569)
> at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.startRecursiveGBean(BasicKernel.java:386)
> at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.startConfigurationGBeans(ConfigurationUtil.java:466)
> at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.KernelConfigurationManager.start(KernelConfigurationManager.java:225)
> at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:710)
> at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:689)
> at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.local.StartCommand.run(StartCommand.java:67)
> Caused by: org.apache.yoko.orb.CosNaming.tnaming.TransientServiceException: Unable to
initialize name service
> at org.apache.yoko.orb.CosNaming.tnaming.TransientNameService.initialize(TransientNameService.java:156)
> at org.apache.geronimo.yoko.ORBConfigAdapter$1.run(ORBConfigAdapter.java:186)
> at org.apache.geronimo.yoko.ORBConfigAdapter.createNameService(ORBConfigAdapter.java:189)
> ... 13 more
> Caused by: org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE: bind() failed: Address already in use: JVM_Bind:
vmcid: Apache minor code: 0x8 completed: No
> at org.apache.yoko.orb.OCI.IIOP.Acceptor_impl.(Acceptor_impl.java:542)
> at org.apache.yoko.orb.OCI.IIOP.AccFactory_impl.create_acceptor(AccFactory_impl.java:163)
> at org.apache.yoko.orb.OBPortableServer.POAManagerFactory_impl.create_POAManager(POAManagerFactory_impl.java:252)
> at org.apache.yoko.orb.OB.ORBControl.initializeRootPOA(ORBControl.java:539)
> at org.apache.yoko.orb.OBCORBA.ORB_impl.resolve_initial_references(ORB_impl.java:1094)
> at org.apache.yoko.orb.CosNaming.tnaming.TransientNameService.initialize(TransientNameService.java:130)
> ... 15 more
> Caused by: java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind
> at java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.bind0(Native Method)
> at java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.socketBind(DualStackPlainSocketImpl.java:106)
> at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.bind(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:376)
> at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.bind(PlainSocketImpl.java:190)
> at java.net.ServerSocket.bind(ServerSocket.java:376)
> at java.net.ServerSocket.(ServerSocket.java:237)
> at org.apache.yoko.orb.OCI.IIOP.DefaultConnectionHelper.createServerSocket(DefaultConnectionHelper.java:55)
> at org.apache.yoko.orb.OCI.IIOP.Acceptor_impl.(Acceptor_impl.java:532)
> ... 20 more
>
> The service ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.configs/j2ee-corba-yoko/3.0.1/car,j2eeType=CORBASSL,name=CORBASSLConfig
did not start because org.apache.geronimo.framework/j2ee-security/3.0.1/car?ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.framework/j2ee-security/3.0.1/car,j2eeType=GBean,name=KeystoreManager
did not start.
> The service ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.configs/j2ee-corba-yoko/3.0.1/car,j2eeType=CORBABean,name=Server
did not start because there are 4 dependent services did not start, and the first 2 are recored:

> [org.apache.geronimo.configs/j2ee-corba-yoko/3.0.1/car?ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.configs/j2ee-corba-yoko/3.0.1/car,j2eeType=CORBANameService,name=NameServer,
org.apache.geronimo.configs/j2ee-corba-yoko/3.0.1/car?ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.configs/j2ee-corba-yoko/3.0.1/car,j2eeType=CORBASSL,name=CORBASSLConfig].

> You might configure the system property org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.max_state_reason_count
to show more service names or -1 to show all the unstarted service names