geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Hatem <...@live.ca>
Subject Web Application, JPA, persistence.xml
Date Sat, 13 Dec 2014 15:29:23 GMT
Hi Everyone,
I am mumbling so far with Geronimo 3.0.1, Eclipse Luna 4.0, and wanted to
develop a JPA aware JSF page with data helper class.
1. I've problem with persistence.xml doesnt seem to be seen by Geronimo , my
understanding is that it should be placed under
WEB-INF/classes/persistence.xml to be recognized..so it is.
but deployment always returns the following error:
At least one deployment problem:
org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException: At least one deployment
problem:
	at
org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException.cleanse(DeploymentException.java:87)
	at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:150)
              :
              :
org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException: No default PersistenceUnit
specified, and none located
	at
org.apache.geronimo.persistence.builder.PersistenceRefBuilder.findPersistenceUnitQuery(PersistenceRefBuilder.java:225)
	at
        :

my persistence.xml (tried on WEB-INF\classes\persistence.xml  and
WEB-INF\persistence.xml) none seems to solve the problem
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
 http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence/persistence_1_0.xsd" version="1.0">
     <persistence-unit name="QueueStationPU"  >
        <description>This unit manages orders within a queue station.
        </description>

        <jta-data-source>jdbc/QueueStationDS</jta-data-source>
        <class>com.hahlabs.mf.model.entity.OrderEntity</class>
        <class>com.hahlabs.mf.model.entity.PatientEntity</class>
        <class>com.hahlabs.mf.model.entity.ActivityLogEntity</class>
    </persistence-unit>
</persistence>

the part of code that references the above persistence-unit is the helper
class that actually stores a record in the database
@Stateless
public class PatientRegistry extends MFObject  {
	@PersistenceContext(unitName="QueueStationPU")
	EntityManager em;
}
I wanted to use CMB with resource injection...

no entries related to persistence in either web.xml or geronimo-web.xml or
whatso ever

Any help in this area is much appreciated!