geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Genc, Ömer <Oemer.G...@iais.fraunhofer.de>
Subject AW: Mark ear module to not run on geronimo startup
Date Thu, 27 Feb 2014 07:44:49 GMT
Hey,

first of all thank you very much for your help. I know you all have a lot of stuff to deal
with.

Anyway, I already found the entry you mentioned. My problem is that I want the deployed module
to be user intended started and stopped.
What I want is like this:
My Module is deploy on Geronimo. When Geronimo starts/restarts this module should not be started.
Now the user can start the module on button click (I have implemented this). Now the module
is started and someone shuts down Geronimo.
Note, on Geronimo shutdown the module was started. When Geronimo starts again this module
should not be started unless the user triggers it again.

It seems that Geronimo writes into the config.xml which module was started and which one not,
when Geronimo shuts down.
So now, I need a more obligatory way to do this. Is there a way to specify modules, which
should be stopped when Geronimo shutsdown?

Thanks in advance

Von: frank pientka [mailto:frank.pientka@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 26. Februar 2014 18:11
An: user@geronimo.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Mark ear module to not run on geronimo startup

add <module load="false"ame=".../car"/>  in var\config\config.xml

Hey there,

I don't know if the Geronimo mailing list is still an active mailing list, since I got no
response to my last 3/4 posting.

However, currently I am having another problem, which in my opinion should be easily answered
by any Geronimo developer.

I am searching for a way to mark a custom ear module, so that it will not be started per default.
Lets say, I deployed my ear and it is started. Now I shutdown Geronimo. Now start Geronimo
again.
At this point my ear should not be started.

How to do this?

Anyone? Would be nice to get some feedback at all...

Cheers,