geronimo-user mailing list archives

From rwengr <rwdonap...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Geronimo 3: FileUtils - Unable to record temporary file?
Date Wed, 19 Feb 2014 01:56:04 GMT
This error may be the root cause of another downstream problem, but I think
it is unlikely.  However, I still find it puzzling.  It happens when I try
to build a CAR file in a maven project.

[org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState] : GBeanInstanceState
for:
org.apache.geronimo.framework/geronimo-gbean-deployer/3.0.1/car?ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.framework/geronimo-gbean-deployer/3.0.1/car,j2eeType=ConfigBuilder,name=ServiceBuilder
State changed from stopped to starting
[org.apache.geronimo.kernel.util.FileUtils] : Unable to record temporary
file /tmp/geronimo-fileutils8999408278146721711.tmpfile ,  it is required to
call beginRecordTempFiles first
[org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState] : GBeanInstanceState
for:
org.apache.geronimo.framework/geronimo-gbean-deployer/3.0.1/car?ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.framework/geronimo-gbean-deployer/3.0.1/car,j2eeType=ConfigBuilder,name=ServiceBuilder
State changed from starting to running

I looked at source code and it appears related to use of ThreadLocal class
in
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.util.FileUtils.

As far as I can tell, no files get created in /tmp.  /tmp is RWX for
everybody.  Plus, I removed the sticky bit just in case that was an issue.
I even made /tmp owned by the user

Is this one of those "not really an error" errors?

Thanks in advance.