geronimo-user mailing list archives

From rwengr <rwdonap...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Geronimo 3: car-maven-plugin changing bundle name
Date Wed, 19 Feb 2014 01:33:40 GMT
I am trying to package the Apache Directory Server as a plugin for Geronimo
3.0.1 using the Maven project sources for 2.1.3 as a starting point.
Bundles are still a mystery, but it seems like maven is taking care of all
of that.  I am using maven 2.2.

I can create the CAR file for 2.1.3.  But when I set the Geronimo version to
3.0.1 in the POM file, I am getting a bundle error from the maven-car-plugin
when it tries to create the package.  The unit test seems to work.

I reviewed built in documentation for car-maven-plugin using help:describe
and nothing seemed significant except adding the <artifact> element to the
configuration.  -e and -X options for maven don't add any obvious useful
info.

I HOPE SOMEONE CAN SUGGEST POSSIBLE APPROACHES FOR A SOLUTION.

The actual error is:

[main] ERROR org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer - Deployment failed due
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.InvalidConfigurationException: Could not load
class org.apache.geronimo.directory.DirectoryGBean from bundle
org.apache.geronimo.plugins.directory-DEPLOYMENT_2.18.14 [59] at location
reference:file:/tmp/geronimo-fileutils81463372379762518.tmpdir/
	at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.annotation.AnnotationGBeanInfoFactory.getGBeanInfo(AnnotationGBeanInfoFactory.java:42)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.MultiGBeanInfoFactory.getGBeanInfo(MultiGBeanInfoFactory.java:66)
etc.

When I moved to the car-maven-plugin for Geronimo 3 I discovered that it
would insert DEPLOYMENT into the artifactId when it created plan.xml unless
I specified the artifact completely.  I thought that would fix the problem.
As far as I can tell, plan.xml is being created correctly.  But the plugin
seems to be ignoring the artifactId in the plan

*The problem is that the bundle name the plugin is looking for contains
"DEPLOYMENT" which I do not add and I cannot find with grep in my project
files.  Somehow the plugin is using a modified name.  Excerpts of the most
relevant details are below.  *

I leave -SNAPSHOT out of the version because I read and observed it was
converted to .SNAPSHOT.

Excerpt of created plan.xml

<module xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.2">
  <environment>
    <moduleId>
      <groupId>org.apache.geronimo.plugins</groupId>
      <artifactId>directory</artifactId>
      <version>2.18.14</version>
      <type>car</type>
    </moduleId>

Excerpt of pom.xml containing car-maven-plugin.  All plugin versions managed
in the parent.

<build>
  <plugins>
    <plugin>
      <groupId>org.apache.geronimo.buildsupport</groupId>
      <artifactId>car-maven-plugin</artifactId>

      <extensions>true</extensions>
      <configuration>
           <artifact>
              <groupId>org.apache.geronimo.plugins</groupId>
              <artifactId>directory</artifactId>
              <version>2.18.14</version>
           </artifact>
           <category>LDAP</category>
           <useMavenDependencies>
              <value>true</value>
              <includeVersion>true</includeVersion>
           </useMavenDependencies>
           <instance>
              <plugin-artifact>
                  <copy-file relative-to="server"
dest-dir="var/directory">META-INF/server.xml</copy-file>
                  <config-xml-content>
                    <gbean name="DirectoryService">
                         <attribute
name="configFile">var/directory/server.xml</attribute>
                         <attribute
name="workingDir">var/directory</attribute>
                    </gbean>
                  </config-xml-content>
               </plugin-artifact>
           </instance>