geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Genc, Ömer <Oemer.G...@iais.fraunhofer.de>
Subject AW: Postgres/postgis problem: java.lang.ClassCastException: org.postgresql.util.PGobject cannot be cast to org.postgis.PGgeometry
Date Mon, 27 Jan 2014 08:43:59 GMT
Hey,

thanks for your help.

I tried that, unfortunately the error still exists. It's the same as before.
Is there anything else, you can think about?
Is there a way to make sure, Geronimo classloader loads this classes?
How can I check that?

What about the <import-packages> declaration inside the deployment descriptor?
Do I need this in Geronimo 3.0.1 when trying to load 3rd party libraries?

Thanks in advance,
Ömer

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: frank pientka [mailto:frank.pientka@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Montag, 27. Januar 2014 08:53
An: user@geronimo.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Postgres/postgis problem: java.lang.ClassCastException: org.postgresql.util.PGobject
cannot be cast to org.postgis.PGgeometry

because of changed classloading in Geronimo 3.0 I would recommend th following step Create
a datasource with webconsole, download PostgreSQL-JDBC there and test it at the end It's better
to install the jdbc-driver separately from the application as a system module in the respository
good luck Frank