geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Step through/Debug geronimo sources
Date Tue, 07 Jan 2014 18:29:58 GMT
That's going to be hard to set up.  You would need Aries blueprint and xbean-blueprint.  When
I was developing xbean-blueprint I found it rather hard to debug.

I'm not sure which aries blueprint binary jar is included in geronimo but I think you'll need
either a source checkout or the individual source jars, I don't think there is a source jar
for the all-in-one blueprint binary jar.

hope this points you in the right direction.

david jencks

On Jan 7, 2014, at 2:38 AM, Genc, Ömer <Oemer.Genc@iais.fraunhofer.de> wrote:

> Hey there,
>
> currently i am trying to debug the geronimo sources. Unfortunately I am having trouble
to do so.

> Here is what I would like to do:
> I would like to step through the code of the initialization of the ActiveMQ module.
> In fact, I would like to see the code, when the information from the configuration file
$GERONIMO_HOME\repository\org\apache\geronimo\configs\activemq-broker-blueprint\3.0.1\activemq-broker-blueprint-3.0.1.car\OSGI-INF\blueprint\activemq.xml
file is loaded and the information it contains are parsed.

> Unfortunately I am not able to find a corresponding entry point for setting a breakpoint
in the sources. Where would I need to set a breakpoint, when I would like to step through
the loading of the module “org.apache.geronimo.configs/activemq-broker-blueprint/3.0.1/car”?