geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Jack Cai <cai_j...@us.chanjet.com>
Subject classloading problem for WARs in an EAR file share classpath
Date Tue, 03 Sep 2013 22:01:04 GMT
Hi,

  I package two wars in an ear, web1, and web2. nothing else, and deployed
to geronimo (3.0.1)

When I tried to access web1, web2's classes are loaded instead. What I
found in the MANIFFEST.MF of the EAR package:

Bundle-ClassPath: ...,webdemo-jsp.war/WEB-INF/classes,webdemo2-js
 p.war/WEB-INF/classes

 after the EAR file is deployed to Geronimo.

  This effectively makes all wars visible to all, and causes the type cast
error:

java.lang.ClassCastException: com.webapp2.dao.Customer cannot be cast to
com.webapp.dao.Customer

  I thought J2EE app is supposed to isolate classloader of each war to
prevent similar problems. Is there a way to config around this in geronimo?
Thanks

  BTW, the ear application is created using Eclipse EAR for Geronimo.

Thanks.

-Jack