Hi,

I’ve written a small WebService (for testing purposes mainly) for my Geronimo 2.2.1, which opens an URLConnection to an http address. Strangly, I was always getting a FileNotFoundException (in other words, a 404 error), but when entering the URL into my browser, it worked flawlessly. So, after some testing and reading the error-output, I found out that Geronimo seemso to redirect that URLConnection to localhost – which then throws a 404, of course.

For example…

http://mydomain.com/somewhere/something.html

returns the (Geronimo) error html page that /somewhere/something.html  does not exist. Err… Yes, because I didn’t want localhost:8080/somewhere/something.html…

Has anyone an idea where this behavior comes from?

Regards,

Flo