geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo redirects every HttpURLConnection to localhost
Date Fri, 26 Jul 2013 17:22:48 GMT
It's been years since I've looked at this and I don't recall what the spec says should happen….
however I wonder if you have a wsdl and what host it specifies?

david jencks

On Jul 26, 2013, at 1:22 AM, Florian Schaetz <Florian.Schaetz@Optitool.DE> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I’ve written a small WebService (for testing purposes mainly) for my Geronimo 2.2.1,
which opens an URLConnection to an http address. Strangly, I was always getting a FileNotFoundException
(in other words, a 404 error), but when entering the URL into my browser, it worked flawlessly.
So, after some testing and reading the error-output, I found out that Geronimo seemso to redirect
that URLConnection to localhost – which then throws a 404, of course.

> For example…
>
> http://mydomain.com/somewhere/something.html
>
> returns the (Geronimo) error html page that /somewhere/something.html  does not exist.
Err… Yes, because I didn’t want localhost:8080/somewhere/something.html…