geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Putter, S.M.J. de" <s.m.j.d.put...@student.tue.nl>
Subject RE: DeploymentException: cannot fully load class
Date Tue, 23 Jul 2013 14:05:58 GMT
Hi,

Thanks for your help. I managed to get the application working with your suggestions.
The specification is indeed ambiguous. Other than an example stating that the app-client should
not have access to EJB jar files, I haven't found anything explicit on this (not even in Sectino
8.2). Do you of more explicit rules set out by the spec that prevent app-clients to have access
to EJB jar files? I'm interested in this, as I'm doing research on the conformance of EJB
application servers to a set of requirements listed in the EJB specification.

Best Regards,
Sander
________________________________
Van: Ivan [xhhsld@gmail.com]
Verzonden: donderdag 18 juli 2013 4:07
Aan: user@geronimo.apache.org
Onderwerp: Re: DeploymentException: cannot fully load class

Hi,

For the class visibility, it is a little ambiguous for the app client. The client applications
should not have access to ejb jar files in the ear file, I would suggest to use a common jar
file, and share that for ejb and client application.

You may refer to Java EE 6 Spec, EE 8.3.3

Hope it helps.

2013/7/15 Putter, S.M.J. de <s.m.j.d.putter@student.tue.nl<mailto:s.m.j.d.putter@student.tue.nl>>
Dear all,

I get a DeploymentException when trying to deploy an ear file.

The ear file is setup as follows:

- META-INF/MANIFEST.MF

- BI3_Remote-client.jar

- BI3_Remote-ejb.jar

For brevity, I will refer to BI3_Remote-client.jar as client.jar and to BI3_Remote-ejb.jar
as ejb.jar.

Client.jar refers to ejb.jar via its manifest through ClassPath.

Ejb.jar  has a bean implementing the BI3_RemoteInterface remote business interface. A simple
method of the BI3_RemoteInterface is invoked by the main class of client.jar.

I get the following error, indicating failure to deploy due to a problem with BI3_RemoteInterface:

2013-07-15 16:31:28,058 ERROR [DeployTool] Error:

org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException: Unable to deploy BI3_Remote-ear.ear: Could
not fully load class: lqs.ejb.spec.counterexample.BI3_Remote_client

 due to:Llqs/ejb/spec/counterexample/BI3_RemoteInterface;

 in classLoader:

GeronimoClassLoader[default.BI3_Remote-ear_BI3_Remote-client.jar-DEPLOYMENT_0.0.

0.1373898687178 [443]]

        at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.cli.CommandDeploy.runCommand(CommandDeploy.java:43)

        at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.cli.CommandDistribute.executeOnline(CommandDistribute.java:148)

        at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.cli.CommandDistribute.execute(CommandDistribute.java:124)

        at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.cli.DeployTool.execute(DeployTool.java:171)

        at org.apache.geronimo.system.main.MainBridge.execute(MainBridge.java:64)

        at org.apache.geronimo.main.Bootstrapper.start(Bootstrapper.java:88)

        at org.apache.geronimo.main.Bootstrapper.execute(Bootstrapper.java:61)

        at org.apache.geronimo.cli.AbstractCLI.executeMain(AbstractCLI.java:65)

        at org.apache.geronimo.cli.deployer.DeployerCLI.main(DeployerCLI.java:32)

I think somehow the ejb.jar does not get linked to the client.jar. But I cannot see why, as
the ejb.jar is found through the manifest. Is there anything I’m missing? I cannot find
any hints in the logs. The source code attached to this e-mail.

Thanks in advance.

Sander

--
Ivan