geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Florian Schaetz <Florian.Scha...@Optitool.DE>
Subject Geronimo redirects every HttpURLConnection to localhost
Date Fri, 26 Jul 2013 08:22:41 GMT
Hi,

I've written a small WebService (for testing purposes mainly) for my Geronimo 2.2.1, which
opens an URLConnection to an http address. Strangly, I was always getting a FileNotFoundException
(in other words, a 404 error), but when entering the URL into my browser, it worked flawlessly.
So, after some testing and reading the error-output, I found out that Geronimo seemso to redirect
that URLConnection to localhost - which then throws a 404, of course.

For example...

http://mydomain.com/somewhere/something.html

returns the (Geronimo) error html page that /somewhere/something.html  does not exist. Err...
Yes, because I didn't want localhost:8080/somewhere/something.html...

Has anyone an idea where this behavior comes from?

Regards,

Flo