geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Release plan for Geronimo 3 + Jetty assembly
Date Mon, 15 Apr 2013 11:55:24 GMT

On Apr 12, 2013, at 8:26 PM, Bevon <bevon.palod@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> Recently noticed some chatter around Geronimo 3.0.1.  Was wondering if a
> Jetty assembly would be part of the release?  Or, if not, what plans there
> might about around a Jetty assembly in the future?

There would be a some amount of effort required to get a Jetty-based server to pass the TCK.
There hasn't been any recent activity from the committer community to work on the TCK for
Jetty-based servers. Beyond the TCK, would be the question of if there's sufficient interest
in the committer community to support (i.e. fix problems) for Jetty-based servers.

So, at this point, I don't think that a Jetty assembly will be released any time soon. That
said, if there are people interested in helping with this effort -- they'd be most welcome…

I haven't tried to build the Jetty assemblies, for a while. Have you tried this? If there
are people interested in working on this, we can have a discussion on what things need to
be done…

--kevan