geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maven coordinates for EJB stand-alone client?
Date Sat, 27 Apr 2013 20:22:23 GMT

On Apr 27, 2013, at 4:23 AM, Philippe Marschall <kustos@gmx.net> wrote:

> On 23.04.2013 14:18, Kevan Miller wrote:
>>
>> On Apr 22, 2013, at 2:51 PM, Philippe Marschall <kustos@gmx.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I want to call remote EJBs from a stand alone Java SE application and need to
know the maven coordinates for the EJB stand-alone client.

>> The client jar is in geronimo-tomcat7-javaee6-3.0.0/repository/org/apache/openejb/openejb-client/4.0.0-beta-1/openejb-client-4.0.0-beta-1.jar
of your geronimo install.

>> In maven terms, that's
>>
>>                 <groupId>org.apache.openejb</groupId>
>>                 <artifactId>openejb-client</artifactId>
>>                 <version>4.0.0-beta-1</version>
>
> Ah, very cool thanks. So it's essentially the same as TomEE since they both use OpenEJB?
>
> I had a look at the manifest and unlike the POM it seems to additionally depend on org.apache.geronimo.specs:geronimo-osgi-locator
 and org.apache.geronimo.specs:geronimo-osgi-registry. Do they somehow help with using the
client in OSGi (outside of Geronimo) or should I still just set up the TCCL?

No need to pull those in if you do not want to.  Just need the openejb-client.jar and the
geronimo_ejb spec jar, or alternatively the all-in-one spec jar

                <groupId>org.apache.openejb</groupId>
                <artifactId>javaee-api</artifactId>
                <version>6.0-4</version>

-David