geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Philippe Marschall <kus...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Maven coordinates for EJB stand-alone client?
Date Sun, 28 Apr 2013 16:37:01 GMT

On 27.04.2013 22:22, David Blevins wrote:

> On Apr 27, 2013, at 4:23 AM, Philippe Marschall <kustos@gmx.net> wrote:

to know the maven coordinates for the EJB stand-alone client.

>>> The client jar is in geronimo-tomcat7-javaee6-3.0.0/repository/org/apache/openejb/openejb-client/4.0.0-beta-1/openejb-client-4.0.0-beta-1.jar
of your geronimo install.

>>> In maven terms, that's
>>>
>>>                  <groupId>org.apache.openejb</groupId>
>>>                  <artifactId>openejb-client</artifactId>
>>>                  <version>4.0.0-beta-1</version>
>>
>> Ah, very cool thanks. So it's essentially the same as TomEE since they both use OpenEJB?
>>
>> I had a look at the manifest and unlike the POM it seems to additionally depend on
org.apache.geronimo.specs:geronimo-osgi-locator  and org.apache.geronimo.specs:geronimo-osgi-registry.
Do they somehow help with using the client in OSGi (outside of Geronimo) or should I still
just set up the TCCL?

> No need to pull those in if you do not want to.

The respective Import-Package headers in the manifest don't have
resolution:=optional so it has to be present when running in OSGi.

Cheers
Philippe