geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Philippe Marschall <kus...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Maven coordinates for EJB stand-alone client?
Date Sat, 27 Apr 2013 11:23:34 GMT

On 23.04.2013 14:18, Kevan Miller wrote:

> On Apr 22, 2013, at 2:51 PM, Philippe Marschall <kustos@gmx.net> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I want to call remote EJBs from a stand alone Java SE application and need to know
the maven coordinates for the EJB stand-alone client.

> The client jar is in geronimo-tomcat7-javaee6-3.0.0/repository/org/apache/openejb/openejb-client/4.0.0-beta-1/openejb-client-4.0.0-beta-1.jar
of your geronimo install.

> In maven terms, that's
>
>                  <groupId>org.apache.openejb</groupId>
>                  <artifactId>openejb-client</artifactId>
>                  <version>4.0.0-beta-1</version>

Ah, very cool thanks. So it's essentially the same as TomEE since they
both use OpenEJB?

I had a look at the manifest and unlike the POM it seems to additionally
depend on org.apache.geronimo.specs:geronimo-osgi-locator  and
org.apache.geronimo.specs:geronimo-osgi-registry. Do they somehow help
with using the client in OSGi (outside of Geronimo) or should I still
just set up the TCCL?

Cheers
Philippe