I guess you needn't to install the jars. You should copy the jars in <geronimo-home>\var\shared\lib.
add a dependency in your deploy plan
<environment>
    <dependencies>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.geronimo.configs</groupId>
            <artifactId>sharedlib</artifactId>
        </dependency>
    </dependencies>
</environment>
or add a gbean in your geronimo-web.xml or geronimo-application.xml
 <gbean name="SharedLib1" class="org.apache.geronimo.system.sharedlib.SharedLib">
   <attribute name="baseDir">var/shared</attribute>
        <attribute name="classesDirs">classes</attribute>
        <attribute name="libDirs">lib</attribute>
        <reference name="ServerInfo">
            <name>ServerInfo</name>
        </reference>
   </gbean>