geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Richard Dallaway <rich...@dallaway.com>
Subject Geronimo 3 with Scala 2.10
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2013 10:05:24 GMT
Hello.

I've run into a WAR deployment problem that I'm hoping someone here can
help me understand and resolve.

I've put together a small web application (just a servlet filter) which
references Apache Commons Codec. This project uses Scala. When build with
Scala 2.9 it deploys to Geronimo and runs.  When build with Scala 2.10 it
does not deploy.  However, both versions happily deploy and run under
Tomcat 7.

The exception is:

ERROR [[/hello]] Exception starting filter MyFilter
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/codec/binary/BaseNCodec
at org.apache.xbean.recipe.RecipeHelper.loadClass(RecipeHelper.java:52)
 at org.apache.xbean.recipe.ObjectRecipe.getType(ObjectRecipe.java:353)
at
org.apache.xbean.recipe.ObjectRecipe.internalCreate(ObjectRecipe.java:266)
 at org.apache.xbean.recipe.AbstractRecipe.create(AbstractRecipe.java:96)
at org.apache.xbean.recipe.AbstractRecipe.create(AbstractRecipe.java:61)
 at org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.annotation.Holder.newInstance(Holder.java:180)
at
org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.TomcatInstanceManager.newInstance(TomcatInstanceManager.java:64)

I've put the project on github with details of steps to reproduce and the
full stack trace and WAR contents:

https://github.com/d6y/geronimo_codec

Any suggestions for how I can resolve this one?

Thanks
Richard