geronimo-user mailing list archives

From jerzypuc <geronimol...@jp.yourek.org>
Subject GeronimoIdentityService
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2013 16:54:50 GMT
Hi,

I am working on authentication and I have almost everything working. I have
my security Valve which does its thing and it populates Subject object with
my own Principals.

The problem I have is that if my Principals are not implementing
GeronimoCallerPrincipal than
request.getUserPrincipal() is returning null.

My understanding is that this is because of the way
GeronimoIdentityService.newUserIdentity() method is implemented.

Now there are the questions:
1. Is there any reason why we have special GeronimoCallerPrincipal marker
interface? Why we can not use just java.security.Principal?

2. Following first question: If one would replace GeronimoIdentityService
with his own implementation which will distinguish between user and group
type of Principal, will it break anything else?

3. How to inform Geronimo to use my implementation of IdentityService?

Thank you in advance

Jerzy