geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Zhi Xie <>
Subject Re: Geronimo newbie-- How to set up SSL+configure SSL Certificate
Date Sat, 05 Jan 2013 09:24:03 GMT
(1) From where do I generate the CSR(Certificate Signing Request)?  Also,
in the screen in (SSL Cert provider) there is a question
asked for Type of Server- this has various options like ”Apache + Open
SSL”/ “Apache + modSSL”/”CPanel”/”Tomcat” etc... Which of these options
should I select?

You can use keytool to generate the CSR. Please refer the link **. The geronimo server is good
for you.

(2) How do I add the generated certificate to Geronimo. Also, where and how
do I configure the Certifying Authority’s certificates (i.e. CA
To generate Certification Authority, you can access the geronimo 3.0 admin
console "Security"->"Certificate Authority" to setup it.

(3) How do I add the subdomain under which I want SSL to work-- do I have
to add this as a virtual host to Tomcat (as per Geronimo Docs)?
You can refer the doc **.

(4) What are the steps to finally deploy my web app to the subdomain with
the SSL Certificate?
You can deploy you app into geronimo,and then access it by Https connector.

Best Regards

View raw message