geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Why should I use Geronimo?
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2013 15:43:45 GMT

On Jan 9, 2013, at 5:50 AM, "Lochschmied, Alexander" <Alexander.Lochschmied@vishay.com>
wrote:

> Can it be compared to Play Framework for example?

Geronimo is a lighweight, composable, Java EE-based application server. A full Java EE Geronimo
application server contains multiple technologies (JPA, Servlet/JSP, JSF, JMS, etc…).

I think of the Play Framework as fundamentally a Web Framework (e.g. JSF, Grails, Spring MVC,
etc…). You can run Play applications in standalone mode (I'm not sure if that's what Play
calls it). You can also create a Play application, generate a .war file, and deploy the .war
file on Geronimo.

Hope that helps.

--kevan