geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How to determine in which container code is running?
Date Mon, 31 Dec 2012 16:06:25 GMT

On Dec 31, 2012, at 7:57 AM, Markku Saarela wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Has Java EE spec any API to determine is code running in EJB or WEB container?

no.

> Or is there any better way than examine stacktrace?

I'm imagining that you have some library or perhaps CDI code that is called from both a servlet
and an ejb?  Why do you care?  Just to figure out why something is working the way it is,
or do you need to take different action depending on what calls this code?  You could pass
appropriate context information to the code in question from the caller.

david jencks