geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Arvind IK Chari <arv...@anyaservices.com>
Subject Geronimo newbie-- How to set up SSL+configure SSL Certificate
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2012 21:59:15 GMT
Hello all,

I am very new to Geronimo hence pardon me if my question sounds silly to you 😊

Basically, I am trying to configure a web app that has an RMI and a REST Service, and I want
to secure it with SSL. I have the following questions--

(1) From where do I generate the CSR(Certificate Signing Request)?  Also, in the screen in
Namecheap.com (SSL Cert provider) there is a question asked for Type of Server- this has various
options like ”Apache + Open SSL”/ “Apache + modSSL”/”CPanel”/”Tomcat” etc...
Which of these options should I select?

(2) How do I add the generated certificate to Geronimo. Also, where and how do I configure
the Certifying Authority’s certificates (i.e. CA Certificates)?

(3) How do I add the subdomain under which I want SSL to work-- do I have to add this as a
virtual host to Tomcat (as per Geronimo Docs)?

(4) What are the steps to finally deploy my web app to the subdomain with the SSL Certificate?

I would be extremely grateful If someone could answer all of the points raised above.

Yours sincerely,
Arvind.