I followed the KARAF example to build a KAR with a simple osgi bundle, start it etc.

I can deploy and start it thru the console or hotbundles folder. However geronimo does not show any information about bundles/packages. So I'm not sure if the osgi services are up or if there was an issue - I don't see any errors in the log.

Has anyone tried this? Am I missing something in the kar, like a geronimo xml or do I need to use the add-features-to-repo? I have not see anything in any documentation about this.