geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Marcos Mendez <mar...@jitisoft.com>
Subject Re: geronimo car-maven-plugin + osgi
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2012 15:44:36 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to find a way to deploy many things in one package. We have mostly OSGI bundles
(jar + war) but have some normal jars as dependencies. I want to be able to build something
that I can deploy with geronimo in one shot and manage accordingly. J2EE stuff doesn't make
sense... since this is using mostly OSGI. I've even looked at Karaf's KARs,  but they don't
seem to be able to get the metadata inside those bundles to start/export them. I've tried
CARGO, but they seem to have problems as well and I'll have to code deploying things one thing
at a time.

So I turned to the geronimo car to be able to package inside normal jars, osgi bundles and
wars. So I'm trying to find an example that does that.

I don't want to install things in my local repo by hand. I'd like to install a car that has
everything inside it needs - shouldn't even need to get to maven central to download stuff.

I'm also having problems seeing how to install normal jars in geronimo and OSGI bundles it
needs to start.