geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: Geronimo 3.0.0 + KAR deployment = no osgi service metadata
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2012 20:07:58 GMT
In next Karaf version (3.0.0), you will have some commands detected for
KAR archives (kar:list, kar:install, etc).

Currently, you don't have information about the kar itself, only about
the features embedded in the kar.

So, after kar deployment, you should be able to see the kar features
using features:list -i

Regards
JB

On 11/19/2012 09:04 PM, Marcos Mendez wrote:
> Hi JB,
>
> The KAR deploys fine. The problem is that there is no version, osgi metadata, no services,
no information about the kar at all once it is installed. I'm including the log, the pom and
features xml in case someone wants to try. Do I need to add anything for geronimo? This kar
deploys fine in karaf as well, but it does show for example the joda-time package or bundle
information. Am i missing something?

xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0 http://maven.apache.org/xsd/maven-4.0.0.xsd">

>      <!--
>
>          Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one or more
>          contributor license agreements.  See the NOTICE file distributed with
>          this work for additional information regarding copyright ownership.
>          The ASF licenses this file to You under the Apache License, Version 2.0
>          (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with
>          the License.  You may obtain a copy of the License at
>
>              http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
>
>          Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
>          distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
>          WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
>          See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
>          limitations under the License.
>      -->
>
>      <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
>
>      <groupId>simplekar</groupId>
>      <artifactId>simplekar</artifactId>
>      <version>1.0</version>
>      <packaging>pom</packaging>
>      <name>simplekar feature</name>
>      <description>Create a feature with the defined dependencies set.</description>
>
>      <dependencies>
>          <!-- Put here the artifacts which should be included in the feature -->
>          <dependency>
>              <groupId>joda-time</groupId>
>              <artifactId>joda-time</artifactId>
>              <version>2.1</version>
>          </dependency>
>
>      </dependencies>
>
>      <build>
>          <plugins>
>              <plugin>
>                  <groupId>org.apache.karaf.tooling</groupId>
>                  <artifactId>features-maven-plugin</artifactId>
>                  <version>2.3.0</version>
>                  <executions>
>                      <execution>
>                          <id>create-kar</id>
>                          <goals>
>                              <goal>create-kar</goal>
>                          </goals>
>                          <configuration>
>                              <featuresFile>${basedir}/features.xml</featuresFile>
>                          </configuration>
>                      </execution>
>                  </executions>
>              </plugin>
>          </plugins>
>      </build>
>
> </project>
>
> --- features.xml ---
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
>
> <features name="simplekar-1.0-SNAPSHOT" xmlns="http://karaf.apache.org/xmlns/features/v1.0.0">
>      <feature name="simplekar" description="simplekar" version="1.0-SNAPSHOT" resolver="(obr)">
>          <details>simple kar with joda-time</details>
>          <bundle dependency="true">mvn:joda-time/joda-time/2.1</bundle>
>      </feature>
> </features>
>

> On Nov 19, 2012, at 2:34 PM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
>
>> Hi Marcos,
>>
>> basically a Kar is a zip file containing a features XML and embedding all required
bundles and configuration files.

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org