How do you configure the shared lib ? use the default (one var/shared) from the server ? could you show the MANIFEST.MF file in the ${baseDir}/META-INF directory

Also, considering that shared lib is 'sharable', so those classes in the shared lib will be loaded once. For the logging purpose, I think that there may be issues, as all the deployed applications share the some log4j classes, which is the same that hidden-classes are used to prevent using log4j from server runtimes.