cool : )
Hello, Geronimo enthusiasts
This is S. Ali Tokmen from the Codehaus CARGO team. I had sent another e-mail about one and a half years back, and now I'd like to announce you the immediate availability of CARGO 1.2.4.
First question, what is CARGO? CARGO is an open source application that can start, stop, configure and deploy applications as well as configuration files on many, many Java server containers. CARGO is available as a simple Java library, a set of ANT tasks as well as a Maven2 plugin.
Of course, Geronimo is part of the servers supported by CARGO... In detail, supported versions include:
Second question, what would you need CARGO for? Well, typical use cases for CARGO are:
- Geronimo 1.x series (1.1.1 exactly)
- Geronimo 2.x (CARGO currently passes all its tests on Geronimo 2.1.8)
- And, with CARGO version 1.2.4, the latest Geronimo 3.x
For more information, please visit http://cargo.codehaus.org/
- Functional and integration testing on a real server environment: indeed, CARGO can be used to download, configure, start and stop Geronimo and also to deploy all your datasources and applications to it; so you can do real-world tests.
- JUnit lovers: See our short article showing you how to configure, start and stop one of the many application servers supported by CARGO with your application in order to run your real-world tests on http://cargo.codehaus.org/Functional+testing
- Maven2 users: Try out the CARGO archetypes that show you how to integrate server-based testing in your Maven2 builds: http://cargo.codehaus.org/Maven2+Archetypes
- Multi-server testing: since CARGO uses the exact same API whether you use Geronimo or any other server, you can reuse the exact same configuration to test your application on different servers.
- The list of supported servers and features supported on each server can be found on http://cargo.codehaus.org/Containers
- Automated deployment: CARGO supports remote deployment on many servers (unfortunately, Geronimo is not yet supported but we're working on it).
- ... and more
-- S. Ali Tokmen http://ali.tokmen.com/ GSM (ch): +41 79 207 29 22 [Swisscom] GSM (fr): +33 7 70 10 33 79 [Virgin Mobile] GSM (tr): +90 555 266 52 73 [Avea] My AIM, ICQ, MSN Messenger and Yahoo IM contact details are on http://contact.ali.tokmen.com