Guess the file is still locked somewhere, Geronimo is trying its best to close those jar files, e.g. in classloader. There may be a leaking in the Geronimo or in your application codes.
Usually, I will generate a dump file and check who references that JarFile.

So while deploying that application with admin console or command line, could you see this issue, too ? Just wonder whether Geronimo Plugin does anything wrong.