geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Missing sources to geronimo-jta_1.0.1B_spec-1.0.1
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2012 15:14:30 GMT

On Aug 17, 2012, at 3:43 AM, <Martti.Soderlund@tieto.com> <Martti.Soderlund@tieto.com>
wrote:

> hi,
>
> I'm working in packaging a web application using activemq and face a problem in getting
the components reviewed against our open source policies for release. With activemq comes
a dependency to geronimo-jta-1.0.1B_spec-1.0.1, for which I'm unable to locate the sources.
Activemq seems to point to geronimo 1.0 so an update there would not help.

> So far I've checked the mailing lists, forums, issue tracker and subversion with no luck.
Please share any pointers on:

> * Whether the other versions of jta 1.0.1B_spec are exactly the same so I could use say
1.1.1 instead of 1.0.1?
> * Where the sources of geronimo-jta-1.0.1B_spec-1.0.1 can be found
>
> I'm guessing as the jta is a specification it would be possible to just replace this
dependency with a compatible, but I'd rather first just find out if the sources can be found.

Hi Marrti,
You had me digging a little bit.

geronimo-jta-1.0.1B_spec-1.0.1 was released as part of specs-1.1. You'll find the source here:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/specs/tags/1_1/geronimo-spec-jta/

Our specs versioning process was a mess at the time. The version number of the JTA spec release
is contained within the root pom.xml here:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/specs/tags/1_1/pom.xml

At the time, we voted on all specs at once, but each individual spec could have a unique version
number.

--kevan