I might not have make myself clear,  I meant "Most of the focus have been in Geronimo 3.x instead of Geronimo 2.2 branch in community  recently".

We have provided patches for the HASH-DOS vulnerability.    I'm open for a new 2.2.2 release and related discussion for other general issues when Geronimo 3.0 is in a good shape.

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 9:05 PM, Kevan Miller <kevan.miller@gmail.com> wrote:

On Jun 7, 2012, at 1:24 AM, Shawn Jiang wrote:

> Most of the focus have been in Geronimo 3.x instead of Geronimo 2.2 branch in community.   Do you have any specific requirement that has to be fulfilled with Geronimo 2.2.x instead of Geronimo 3.x ?
>
> We'd like to hear more voice on if we need to plan a near term Geronimo 2.2.2 release.

That doesn't seem like a well-thought out answer… Given the HASH-DOS security vulnerability and other general issues, there seems to be enough to merit a 2.2.x release. If the community doesn't want to generate a release, then seems like we should be discussing dropping support for 2.2.x (which is something that I would not be in favor of).

--kevan

--
Shawn