geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Request for Geronimo 2.2.2 Release
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2012 13:05:50 GMT

On Jun 7, 2012, at 1:24 AM, Shawn Jiang wrote:

> Most of the focus have been in Geronimo 3.x instead of Geronimo 2.2 branch in community.
  Do you have any specific requirement that has to be fulfilled with Geronimo 2.2.x instead
of Geronimo 3.x ?

> We'd like to hear more voice on if we need to plan a near term Geronimo 2.2.2 release.

That doesn't seem like a well-thought out answer… Given the HASH-DOS security vulnerability
and other general issues, there seems to be enough to merit a 2.2.x release. If the community
doesn't want to generate a release, then seems like we should be discussing dropping support
for 2.2.x (which is something that I would not be in favor of).

--kevan