geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: CDI & OSGI
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2012 14:47:17 GMT
Hi Charles

At this point we only support cdi in jee contexts, not non-jee osgi contexts.  I think there's
an osgi spec effort for cdi in osgi bundles.  Almost certainly our support will be limited
to whatever either OWB or Aries comes up with.    My own opinion on cross-bundle injection
(from a year ago when I thought about it a little bit) is that it should be mediated by osgi
services if it can be done at all.  I think this might involve extending the ideas of osgi
services to more scopes, e.g. per-request instances and per-conversation instances beyond
the current singleton and per-bundle scopes.

thanks
david jencks