geronimo-user mailing list archives

From gqmulligan <gqmulli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Request for Geronimo 2.2.2 Release
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2012 14:56:33 GMT
That is understandable.  The main issue I personally would then have is that
Geronimo 3.x uses Tomcat 7.  I'm not sure if the web container is fully
integrated or if it can be swapped for another version but right now we are
using Tomcat 6 with Geronimo 2.2 in production.  It doesn't look like there
are any big breaking changes migrating from Tomcat 6 to 7 but we would still
have to do lots of testing for obvious reasons.

Also, I am not sure how much effort it would take to do a 2.2.2 release.  I
do not want to distract anyone from their main goals but if a 2.2.2 release
can be accomplished without too much effort and distraction long before the
3.x release can take place then it would be great to have the 2.2.2 release.

I see the final release for 3.x is still TBD 2012 according to the release
roadmap.  Do you have any better idea now when it will be released in 2012
compared to when a 2.2.2 release could be made if you decided to go through
with it?