geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Configure Apache HTTPd as a reverse proxy (mod_proxy)
Date Thu, 17 May 2012 19:46:34 GMT

On May 17, 2012, at 1:19 AM, sai charan wrote:

> Hello,
>
> After editing the httpd.conf file i have restarted the Apache service and at the same
time Apache Geronimo was started and in running mode..

> I am getting the below error:
>
> You requested http://www.locahost.com/console
> You probably intended http://localhost/console
>
> Confused? This means either you mistyped, or whoever wrote/configured the page/site/service
you just came from screwed up. It happens, don't stress it (and don't blame me.) Apparently
I have to spell it out: L O C A  host. See? No 'L', so your browser kindly appended .com,
and you ended up here, instead of http://localhost/ which you presumably intended.

> Note: This is not localhost.com either. Check again. Again. See? No 'L'.

Well, seems to be spelled out pretty clearly… Somewhere, you've specified 'locahost' instead
of 'localhost'.  BTW (seems worth noting) -- I assume you're running the web browser on the
same host that you're running geronimo/httpd…

Check the ProxyPass configurations in httpd.conf. Make sure you didn't type 'locahost' by
mistake. That probably doesn't explain your behavior (could probably reason it out, but really
don't care…)

So, in your web browser, make sure you are asking for 'http://localhost/' and not 'http://locahost/'

--kevan