geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Configure Apache HTTPd as a reverse proxy (mod_proxy)
Date Mon, 21 May 2012 15:10:51 GMT

On May 21, 2012, at 6:00 AM, sai charan wrote:

> Hello,
>
> It's working fine now.. Thank you so much for your response and for your help.... I want
you to involve on this for some more clarification, Actually I deployed one sample application
on the machine which i installed geronimo, Now i am accessing the console from another machine
with the help of Apache webserver... So when i tried to view the application which i deployed
, was not showing the url, I am getting this below error:

> Not Found
>
> The requested URL /sample was not found on this server.
>
> I think if i am able to access the console from other machine means i should also view
or access the sample application which i deployed right?

No. Suggest you read up on mod_proxy configuration. Consult httpd documentation for that…
You may want to evaluate why you want to use httpd/mod_proxy. What are you trying to accomplish?

That sample config shows how to proxy the /console application. If you want to proxy an additional
application, you'd need to add appropriate httpd configuration for that… You could proxy
the whole server, something like:

ProxyPass / http://localhost:8080/
ProxyPassreverse / http://localhost:8080/

But that begs the whole question of why you want to use httpd/mod_proxy at all…

--kevan