geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Exceptions while deploying the war file
Date Thu, 24 May 2012 20:40:06 GMT

On May 24, 2012, at 11:08 AM, sai charan wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I tried to install JSPProject.war file(version 1.0) under geronimo-tomcat6-jee5-2.0.2,

> Console says:
>
> The application was successfully deployed.
> The application was successfully started
>
> But in the WEB APP wars Portlet component name was showing
>
> default/JSPProject/1.0/war   stopped

I'm afraid that log information doesn't point to the underlying issue.

In var/log/server-log4j.properties, you can try to change:

log4j.logger.org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase=WARN

log4j.logger.org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase=INFO

That may provide a more meaningful log message. You can also try to upload your test war/deployment
plan (best to use a file sharing service or you can creat a Jira -- https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO).

There's a problem in your JSPProject.war. The log message will hopefully help. Otherwise,
perhaps someone can take a look at your .war...

--kevan