geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Adme Admirolas <admiro...@gmail.com>
Subject JPA insertion order
Date Sun, 25 Mar 2012 16:09:45 GMT
Hello,

I'm facing problems, when I persist JPA entities. Here is scenario:

I'm using CDI, and inject EntityManager and UserTransaction into named
bean. I have entity, that we can call MainEntity. It has 2
"@ManyToOne(optional = false, fetch = LAZY, cascade = { PERSIST, REFRESH
})" relationship to other entities, lets call them MinorEntity. So, when i
commit UserTransaction, the JPA first of all inserts Main, then
MinorEntity, and then try to update MainEntity table again. The problem is,
that i have not null constraint on database.
I googled a little bit, and found that i should use OpenJPA @ForeignKey
annotation, to force OpenJPA first of all insert MinorEntity. But this
didn't helped to me, the insert order is still incorrect.

The strangest thing, is that i have unit test, that tries to simulate this
situation using Resource Local transaction type. And it does not fails.

What I'm doing wrong? Is there need, to do some additional Geronimo app
server configuration?

Here is persistence.xml of container managed persistence context:

<persistence version="2.0" xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence"
> xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="
> http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence
> http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence/persistence_2_0.xsd">
>     <persistence-unit name="PRNUBEMJPA" transaction-type="JTA">

>         <jta-data-source>jdbc/PRNUBEM</jta-data-source>
>         <shared-cache-mode>ENABLE_SELECTIVE</shared-cache-mode>
>         <validation-mode>AUTO</validation-mode>
>         <properties>
>             <property name="openjpa.jdbc.Schema" value="PRNUBEM"/>
>             <property name="openjpa.jdbc.DBDictionary"
> value="org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.sql.DB2Dictionary" />
>             <property name="openjpa.Log" value="DefaultLevel=WARN,
> Runtime=INFO, Tool=INFO, SQL=TRACE"/>
>             <property name="openjpa.ConnectionFactoryProperties"
> value="printParameters=true"/>
>             <property name="openjpa.InverseManager" value="true"/>
>         </properties>
>     </persistence-unit>
> </persistence>

And here is persistence.xml of resource local persistence context:

<persistence version="2.0" xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence"
> xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="
> http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence
> http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence/persistence_2_0.xsd">
>     <persistence-unit name="PRNUBEMJPA" transaction-type="RESOURCE_LOCAL">
>
>  <provider>org.apache.openjpa.persistence.PersistenceProviderImpl</provider>
>         <shared-cache-mode>ENABLE_SELECTIVE</shared-cache-mode>
>         <validation-mode>AUTO</validation-mode>
>         <properties>
>             <property name="openjpa.ConnectionURL"
>                 value="jdbc:db2://localhost:50000/PRNUBEM" />
>             <property name="openjpa.ConnectionDriverName"
>                 value="com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver" />
>             <property name="openjpa.ConnectionUserName" value="****" />
>             <property name="openjpa.ConnectionPassword" value="***" />
>             <property name="openjpa.jdbc.Schema" value="PRNUBEM"/>
>             <property name="openjpa.jdbc.DBDictionary"
> value="org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.sql.DB2Dictionary" />
>             <property name="openjpa.Log" value="DefaultLevel=WARN,
> Runtime=INFO, Tool=INFO, SQL=TRACE"/>
>             <property name="openjpa.ConnectionFactoryProperties"
> value="printParameters=true"/>
>             <property name="openjpa.InverseManager" value="true"/>
>         </properties>
>
>     </persistence-unit>
> </persistence>

Please help, because if I will not be able to solve this soon, I will be
forced to move to some another JPA implementation, or even another APP
server.

Admirolas