geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Arsen Abdrakhmanov <arsen.abdrakhma...@gmail.com>
Subject Geronimo release cycle
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2012 11:20:18 GMT
Dear Geronimo Team,

Actually, I am the fan of geronimo for more than 5 years already.
For the moment, I am promoting the usage of Geronimo as a platform for
non-critical applications in our company (banking industry in KZ).
According to our company's internal policy, only official releases of
open-source software products can be used for internal applications.

Currently, the release cycle for Geronimo is about an year or even longer,
so it takes significant amount of time before we could use an updated
version of software with bug fixes and enhancements.

Taking that into account, can you give any information on your plans to
accelerate the release cycle for new versions of Geronimo?

I think, it would be very useful for the whole geronimo user community, if
the releases were published at least semi-anually.
Hope, it can also increase the popularity of Geronimo among other
application servers.

Best regards,
Arsen Abdrakhmanov