geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Bill Brown <wbr...@colorfulsoftware.com>
Subject issue trying to use application managed JPA 2.0 in geronimo-jetty 2.2.1
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2012 16:24:45 GMT
Hello Geronimo Jetty Users/Devs:

I"m trying to configure a web application to use JPA 2.0 perisitence with a
geronimo-jetty-2.2.1 build of geronimo.

I'm running into deploy issues with classes being loaded using the wrong
signature:

Caused By: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
javax.persistence.spi.PersistenceUnitInfo.getSharedCacheMode()Ljavax/persistence/SharedCacheMode;
at
org.hibernate.ejb.util.LogHelper.logPersistenceUnitInfo(LogHelper.java:39)...

when I try to configure geronimo-web.xml   to hide classes with

<dep:hidden-classes>
<dep:filter>javax.persistence.spi</dep:filter>
</dep:hidden-classes>

I get a container level error like this:

org.apache.geronimo.gbean.InvalidConfigurationException: Getter return type
in w
rong classloader: type: class
javax.persistence.spi.PersistenceUnitTransactionTy
pe wanted in classloader:
[org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.MultiParentClassLoa
der id=com.colorfulsoftware/earthbeats/1.8.1-SNAPSHOT/war] actual:
[org.apache.g
eronimo.kernel.config.MultiParentClassLoader
id=org.apache.geronimo.framework/je
e-specs/2.2.1/car]
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanAttribute.<init>(GBeanAttribute.java:241)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.buildAttributes(GBeanInstance.java:367)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.<init>(GBeanInstance.java:240)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.loadGBean(BasicKernel.java:352)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.startConfigurationGBeans(ConfigurationUtil.java:441)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.KernelConfigurationManager.start(KernelConfigurationManager.java:190)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:546)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:527)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor552.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.ReflectionMethodInvoker.invoke(ReflectionMethodInvoker.java:34)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:130)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:816)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke(RawInvoker.java:57)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke(RawOperationInvoker.java:35)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept(ProxyMethodInterceptor.java:96)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.GBeanLifecycle$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$97f9deea.startConfiguration(<generated>)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.local.StartCommand.run(StartCommand.java:67)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)

the class with the correct signature is included in my war in the lib.
org.hibernate.javax.persistence.hibernate-jpa-2.0-api.1.0.1.jar.

Is there are way of configuring the project to have the Application Level
persistence files loaded instead of the Container level files during deploy?
I do seee there are a number of JPA 1.0 spec and implementation files in the
repository.

thanks.
Bill.