geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <>
Subject Re: JTA TransactionManager and Primary Key Sequencing
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2012 18:00:29 GMT
Hi Michael,

I'm afraid I don't understand your question.  A JTA tm doesn't care what kind of resource
managers it deals with as long as they follow the xa/jta specification.  They could be relationsl
databases (for which "primary key" makes sense) or jms message brokers or SAP or CICS or anything

david jencks

On Feb 20, 2012, at 5:41 AM, Michael Simons wrote:

> Hello,
> This might be a RTFM. If it is, please tell me where I have to look for.
> Is it possible to tell a JTA TransactionManager to use a different database connection
to retrieve primary key values?
> If it's not, can you give me a hint how to achieve such behaviour?
> Kind Regards, Michael

View raw message