geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: JTA TransactionManager and Primary Key Sequencing
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2012 18:00:29 GMT
Hi Michael,

I'm afraid I don't understand your question.  A JTA tm doesn't care what kind of resource
managers it deals with as long as they follow the xa/jta specification.  They could be relationsl
databases (for which "primary key" makes sense) or jms message brokers or SAP or CICS or anything
else....

thanks
david jencks

On Feb 20, 2012, at 5:41 AM, Michael Simons wrote:

> Hello,
>
> This might be a RTFM. If it is, please tell me where I have to look for.
>
> Is it possible to tell a JTA TransactionManager to use a different database connection
to retrieve primary key values?