geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Russell E Glaue <rgl...@cait.org>
Subject Can we deploy a Tomcat Virtual Host GBean with the deployer?
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2012 21:36:39 GMT
Following this document
https://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC30/configuring-virtual-host-in-tomcat.html
(I realize this is still the 2.2 documentation that is not updated, but bare
with me.)

The document explains how to edit var/config/config.xml manually to define a
Tomcat Virtual Host GBean.

However, In Geronimo 3.0, is it possible to use the deployer to deploy a plan
for a GBean that identifies a Tomcat Virtual Host?

Let me get the answer started with a partial plan, below, which I might deploy
as: `bin/deploy deploy tomcat-vhost.xml`

The Geronimo deployer does not like the '=' characters in the <attribute
name="initParams"> section, nor the 'pattern' elemement in the <reference
name="Engine"> sections in this plan.

If it is possible to deploy a gbean with the deployer for a Tomcat Virtual Host,
what do I need to change in the plan below to make that happen?

-
<module xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.2">
     <environment>
         <moduleId>
             <groupId>org.example.configs.virtualhosts</groupId>
             <artifactId>virtualhost1</artifactId>
             <version>1.0</version>
             <type>car</type>
         </moduleId>
         <dependencies>
             <dependency>
                 <groupId>org.apache.geronimo.configs</groupId>
                 <artifactId>tomcat7</artifactId>
                 <type>car</type>
             </dependency>
         </dependencies>
         <hidden-classes/>
         <non-overridable-classes/>
     </environment>
     <gbean class="org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.HostGBean"

name="org.apache.geronimo.configs/tomcat7/3.0-SNAPSHOT/car?ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.configs/tomcat7/3.0-SNAPSHOT/car,j2eeType=Hos$
         <attribute
name="className">org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost</attribute>
         <attribute name="initParams">
             <![CDATA[
             name=virtualhost1.com
             appBase=