which Geronimo version do you use ? I doubt there is a normal way to make the class-path in MANIFEST.MF work in the plugin, maybe someone else could points it out.
One side, the native library should be unloaded with the destorying of the target classloader. There maybe a leak issue somewhere if it always reports error.
From another side, IMO, It looks to me that shared library should be a good choice for you. Depending on which version used, you could just google and find the corresponding doc in Geronimo wiki.