Hi,

Thanks Viola. My mistake. I was using Geronimo 2.2.1, and I've found the problem. I was setting the MinSize of the StatelessContainer to 20. If I set the MinSize to 0 it works flawlessly.

I don't know if it is the intended behavior for the container, but It was trying to generate the objects for the pool before completing the EJB resolution process. The JNDI injection information of  @EJB annotations was not available for beans not resolved yet. I was getting a lot of:

2012-01-13 01:26:06,280 WARN  [OpenEJB] Injection data not found in JNDI context: jndiName='com.ias.test.BeanA/beanB', target=com.ias.test.BeanA/beanB
2012-01-13 01:26:06,281 INFO  [OpenEJB] invoking method create on test.circular.ejb.jar/BeanB

So when the container was creating the instances of BeanB for the pool, it was trying to inject BeanA into BeanB, but BeanA's information was not available at the jndi. After that, when the container was creating BeanA instances, BeanB was available, so it didn't fail. Still, at runtime, BeanA's reference inside BeanB was null, but BeanB's reference in BeenA were ok.

I have tested if the new instances of BeanB that get created after the first 20 instances get evicted, are created correctly.

A strange behavior, one would expect that the container will not try to create Bean instances until all the JNDI binding is complete. Is this a bug or an intended behavior for stateless beans?

Thanks,

     Sean