geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Sean McCarthy <scmccart...@gmail.com>
Subject EJB Circular problem
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2012 17:17:01 GMT
Hi,

I'm having a problem with an ear that I'm deploying to deploy on Geronimo
2.2. The problem is that two beans reference each other (in the same
ejb.jar in the ear):

class BeanA implements BeanAInterface {

@EJB
BeanBInterface beanB

}

class BeanB implements BeanBInterface {

@EJB
BeanAInterface beanA

}

The problem is that they do get deployed but on runtime the B's reference
to BeanA is null. I know they should have been resolved by the time it gets
to make the call to the object, but no matter what I do the reference is
always null. I've check the deployment log and I can see that BeanB loads
before BeanA so beanB reference in BeanA is ok, but the beanA reference on
BeanB never gets loaded.

I've checked openejb docs and they state that this scenario should be
supported on OpenEJB 3.1.4.

Thanks,

   Sean McCarthy