geronimo-user mailing list archives

From easyl <thlin....@gmail.com>
Subject Build a plugin jar with mative libs on geronimo
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2012 13:10:21 GMT
Hi,

I need to develop a Java library which uses JNI with OS dependent native
libraries, and such Java library will be used by some deployed EAR
application on geronimo.

I have tried to directly wrap my EAR application with native libs together
and it did work, however it will lead to a duplicated loaded native library
error if I redeploy the EAR application. Therefore, I decide to develop such
Java native libs as a independent JAR plugin on geronimo. Namely, I will
'install' my Java native lib from geronimo http console "Repository Viewer -
Add Archive to Repository" and add the 'dependency' in each EAR's deployment
descriptor.

   <environment>
        <dependencies>
            <dependency>
            </dependency>
       </dependencies>
    </environment>

Is there any example that I can learn from?

My plugin structure looks like the following

mypluin-1.0/
   src/
      + **.java
   3rd-lib/
      + **.jar
   native-lib/
      + **.so **.dll
   META-INF/
      + MANIFEST.MF

Can this plugin jar contain other 3rd party jar files?
Will native lib still work when they are stored in a jar?
Should I take care of MANIFEST?