Hi Folks, I've been playing around with with the latest beta release but could succesfully deploy an MDB, using the the Full JEE 6 profile. I'm building an EJB jar. My class implements MessageListener interface and has the @MessageDriven annotation :
@MessageDriven(name = "MessageSinkMDB", activationConfig = { @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName = "destinationType", propertyValue = "javax.jms.Queue") }, mappedName = "jms/queue/MDBSourceQueue")
I have added the same information from the annotation to ejb-jar.xml. (Which I think is not necessary ?) And last but not least, I have added an openejb-jar.xml too. (see below) The latter has a dependency to the activemq rar which comes with G3.0-beta1. As for the MDB, the names the JMS ConnectionFactory to be used. Again, this factory exists by default in G3-beta1. When deploying the jar from Eclipse with the Geronimo Adapter I get an error saying:
No Resource Adapter defined for MDB 'MessageSinkMDB' org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException: No Resource Adapter defined for MDB 'MessageSinkMDB'
Geronimo.log mentions:
[AdminObjectRefBuilder] Failed to build reference to resource env reference [java:comp/BeanManager, java:comp/Validator, java:comp/ValidatorFactory] defined in plan file. The corresponding entry in Geronimo deployment descriptor is missing.
I have tried to add a deployment plan with custom JMS resources and package everyting as an EAR. No luck either. No luck with the Geronimo samples either. Am I missing something too obvious ? Thanks, B openejb-jar.xml:
<ejb:openejb-jar
	xmlns:dep="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.2" xmlns:ejb="http://openejb.apache.org/xml/ns/openejb-jar-2.2"
	xmlns:name="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.2" 	>
	<dep:environment>
		<dep:moduleId>
			<dep:groupId>be.itflex.geronimo</dep:groupId>
			<dep:artifactId>ejbApp</dep:artifactId>
			<dep:version>1.0</dep:version>
			<dep:type>jar</dep:type>
		</dep:moduleId>
		<dep:dependencies>
			<dep:dependency>
				<dep:groupId>org.apache.geronimo.configs</dep:groupId>
				<dep:artifactId>activemq-ra</dep:artifactId>
				<dep:version>3.0-beta-1</dep:version>
				<dep:type>car</dep:type>
			</dep:dependency>
		</dep:dependencies>
	</dep:environment>
	<ejb:enterprise-beans>
		<ejb:session>
			<ejb:ejb-name>CountryCapitalBean</ejb:ejb-name>
		</ejb:session>
		<ejb:message-driven>
			<ejb:ejb-name>MessageSingMDB</ejb:ejb-name>
			<name:resource-adapter>
				<name:resource-link>DefaultActiveMQConnectionFactory</name:resource-link>
			</name:resource-adapter>
		</ejb:message-driven>
	</ejb:enterprise-beans>
</ejb:openejb-jar>