geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Hendrik Schenk" <hsch...@gmx.com>
Subject Re: Cannot access my Servlet
Date Wed, 28 Dec 2011 15:48:54 GMT
i am working with eclipse. eclipse generated this annotation.
 but i wonder that this servlet works in jboss, glassfish and tomcat. i am using geronimo
2.2.1.

 but what should your annotation effect? i will try it, but i do not think that this will
work. i think i need the correct url, but cannot find it.

 best regard
 hschenk

----- Original Message -----
From: Forrest Xia
Sent: 12/28/11 03:26 PM
To: user@geronimo.apache.org
Subject: Re: Cannot access my Servlet

 On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 10:00 PM, Hendrik Schenk < hschenk@gmx.com > wrote:

Hi,

 i am new at geronimo. I tested a few application-server with the same war-file (servlet).
But now i have a problem with geronimo.

 I deployed my servlet-war-file, but i do not know the exact url. i added in the web.xml the
"web-app id" and click ohne link in the admin console of geronimo, but i get an 404-error.

 My class looks like this:

 @WebServlet("/FoobarServlet")
 Is the annotation defintion correct?

 I saw usage like this:
@WebServlet(name = "Foobar", urlPatterns = { "/FoobarServlet" })

public class FoobarServlet extends HttpServlet { [...] }
my web.xml looks like this:

 <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <web-app xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance  xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee" http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee
 xmlns:web="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/web-app_2_5.xsd" http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/web-app_2_5.xsd
 xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee&lang=en
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/web-app_3_0.xsd" http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/web-app_3_0.xsd
 id="FoobarServletTest" version="3.0"> <display-name>FoobarServlet</display-name>
<welcome-file-list> <welcome-file>index.html</welcome-file> <welcome-file>index.htm</welcome-file>
<welcome-file>index.jsp</welcome-file> <welcome-file>default.html</welcome-file>
<welcome-file>default.htm</welcome-file> <welcome-file>default.jsp</welcome-file>
</welcome-file-list> </web-app>

but i cannot reach the servlet under http://localhost:8080/FoobarServletTest/FoobarServlet
http://localhost:8080/FoobarServletTest/FoobarServlet&lang=en

 if i deploy a jsp file, i can reach it under the webapp-id. every app-server (tomcat, jboss,
glassfish) works fine with my war.-archive, only geronimo does not work :(

 please help me.

 best regards

 hschenk
 If still problem with G 3.0-beta-1, please share your simple app here. thanks!

 --
 Thanks!

 Regards, Forrest